Tuesday, 15 November 2022

Tyler Shaw - This Christmas (A Tyler Shaw Christmas)


40 DAYS UNTIL CHRISTMAS!!

Buy This Christmas on A Tyler Shaw Christmas (Deluxe) here (external link)

A year ago today (16th November 2021), I was writing about Tyler Shaw's inaugural Christmas album. A Very Tyler Shaw Christmas was my introduction to the singer and one that has ensured I have stayed a fan through the past 12 months. I've always believed a Christmas album is for life not just the season it is released in - some of that comes from listeners returning to the project year upon year (as I have this year) and finding it elicits memories from the moments you played it in Christmas past; it also comes from artists adding new songs to it. This is exactly what Tyler has done, adding a lush version of Donny Hathaway's This Christmas. This new addition blends perfectly with the 9 tracks from last year and instantly feels part of Tyler's festive musical family. It starts with a slowed down intro, where Tyler savours every word, before erupting into the vibrant, horn drenched number that will get any party going. Just lovely - and perfect reminder to go and revisit the whole album. See you next year, Mr Shaw??

No comments:

Post a Comment