38 DAYS UNTIL CHRISTMAS!!
Stream Rockin' Around The Christmas Tree here (YouTube)
I don't talk about how much of a fan I am of Tom Speight. His brand of singer-songwriter music has been the calm in a storm every time I needed it. Every time I lay my ears on a new song he has released it is the medicine that my soul needs. It also helps that he seems such a jolly nice guy - he raises awareness for Chron's disease and this month is raising funds for CALM (suicide prevention charity - sponsor him here). I'm absolutely not complaining, therefore, that he has released a Christmas single 9 weeks before the big day - I am absolutely all for celebrating the most wonderful time of the year early. His reinvention of Rockin' Around The Christmas Tree as a stripped back lullaby works beautifully - with elegant guitar and a lilting female vocal, Tom adds his lush tonal quality to the well known lyrics to give the song a new perspective. There's an almost clippity clop to the percussive rhythms that make you feel you are on the laziest of sleigh rides, whilst Tom & his charming duet partner conjure up some holiday magic. Play as often as you like before the big day - its an enchanting diversion from the crazy world we live in; guaranteed to make you glad from head to (mistle)toe.
**Ghosts of Christmas Past**
- 17th November 2021 ~ Ryland James ft Ralph, Christmas to Remember
- 17th November 2020 ~ Ryland James, A Little Christmas
- 17th November 2020 ~ Keedron Bryant, The Best Time of Year
- 17th November 2019 ~ Chris Mann, Christmas Jukebox EP
- 17th November 2018 ~ Daniel Boys, Christmas Lullaby
- 17th November 2017 ~ Tom Chaplin, Twelve Tales of Christmas
- 17th November 2016 ~ James Corden, The Greatest Gift
- 17th November 2015 ~ G4, G4 Christmas
- 17th November 2014 ~ Band Aid II, Do They Know It's Christmas (25th anniversary)
- 17th November 2013 ~ Rebecca Newman, Holidays Are Coming
- 17th November 2011 ~ Mariah's festive duets
- 17th November 2010 ~ Daniel Boys' heavenly cover of To Make You Feel My Love
No comments:
Post a Comment